AHS Influenza Program 2017-2018
The 2017/18 Influenza Immunization Program will begin October 23, 2017.
- Getting immunized is one of the best ways to prevent influenza. It’s a good idea for everyone in Alberta to get immunized, even healthy people not at risk of complications. If you have influenza, you can be sick for 5 to 10 days, but it can take weeks to fully recover. By protecting yourself, you help protect people around you who are at risk of complications from influenza. If more people are protected, less people will get sick from influenza.
- Influenza immunizations will be offered, free of charge, to all Albertans six months of age and older, through AHS clinics, pharmacies and physicians.
• Plan ahead to arm yourself and your family against influenza this season!
• AHS would like to ensure that all individuals and families have the opportunity to receive the influenza vaccine at one of our mass immunization clinics outlined below.
• Fort McMurray Public Health will be providing extended clinic hours throughout the influenza season as well as some additional Saturday clinics.
•If parents or school staff have any questions of require additional information about times and locations of influenza clinics they can go to the Website http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/influenza/influenza.aspx or call 780-791-6247.